Wednesday, October 29, 2008

This photo was a comment on the
consumer culture we live in today... writing words such as input -> output, truth, reality, image, define me, believe, news, screaming, confuse, etc. which are effected by Media. Wrapping the model in newspaper I created an almost dress after it was all wet down and plastered to her. Though not all the words are visible, I believe the comment was effective esp. in other shots that showed a shorter more scandelous dress (swimsuit under) proving the buying into messages constantly bombarding us. What will you believe? This was part of the same photo shoot once we were all done her desperately trying to wash off all the news ink. Needless to say, it left its mark for a while...
I felt a 60's type feel to this one i hand colored
Everyday. The script was from Lamentations 3:22
I was surprised by this light painted image because of the double image of the "LOVE" letters because the camera was stationary
I took this of a street light moving the camera on the 'bulb' setting
~ Michelle Nyhoff




1 comment:

db said...

great work/thought/concept behind all...db